Saturday Mass: 5:00pm
Sunday Mass: 9:00am & 5:00pm
Monday & Wednesday: 5:30pm
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9:00am
3 Salvado Rd, Subiaco. (View Google Map)
Celebrating The Sacrament of Marriage
at the Church of Saint Joseph
BOOKING THE CHURCH
Weddings can be scheduled at St. Joseph’s on most days of the year – except
during the Easter Triduum, Christmas Eve/Day
and several other days of special liturgical significance.
- Weddings on Saturdays: held at 11.00 am, 1.00 pm and 3.30 pm.
- Weddings on Sundays: held at 1.30 pm and at 3.30 pm.
Secure both the Church booking and an initial appointment
with your officiating priest/deacon before booking your Reception
Once you are ready to look at specific dates,
please make contact with our wedding secretary,
who will assist you in booking a suitable date.
- Initially, a tentative booking will be made.
- After this you will be sent a Wedding Application Form.
- The Application Form must be signed by both of you and by your officiating Priest or Deacon.
- Once this Form has been returned with your payment, your booking will be confirmed.
- If we have not heard from you within six weeks of making the tentative booking, your booking may be removed from our calendar.
The church booking fee is currently $1000. This fee includes the following:
- use of the church for a one-hour rehearsal, and for one-and-a-half hours for your wedding and photographs;
- the services of our wedding day coordinator, who sets up the church and ensures the smooth running of your celebration;
- three large arrangements of flowers on the sanctuary, arranged by our in-house professional florist, and pew-bows on the first three pews;
- ringing of the church-bells. These are rung at the arrival of the Bride, and later as the newly-married couple leave the sanctuary.
The Archdiocese requires all couples intending to marry, to participate in one of the marriage preparation courses which are presented by Catholic Marriage and Fertility Services. Information about the dates, places and cost of the courses is available on the agency’s website.
Please click HERE.
As ours is an active community and the Church is used frequently, there are set wedding-rehearsal times at St. Joseph’s.
Rehearsal times are:
- Tuesday, between 3.30pm-4.30pm; or 4.30pm-5.30pm and
- Thursday, between 3.30pm-4.30pm; or 4.30pm-5.30pm
In accordance with Catholic church guidelines, Saint Joseph’s has a tradition of liturgical and religious music of a high standard. Music for a ceremony as special as your wedding deserves to be both sacred and live.
The Parish has organists, professional vocalists and a small choir. Our wedding secretary will share their contact details with you. Please note: a separate fee applies in the case of all musicians.
You are welcome to invite your own musicians to play at your wedding. If they have not played at St. Joseph’s previously, they are required to speak with our Director of Music, to ensure the smooth running of your ceremony.
Elizabeth Ogilvie, Wedding Secretary,
Phone: 9381 0400