Camino Salvado 2009: A pilgrim walk open to all

Pilgrimage2009

St Joseph’s Church Subiaco to New Norcia

Start Date: Monday 31st August
End Date: Sunday 6th September

Route:

Day 1:   Subiaco via St. George’s Tce (stopping at the 3 main Church’s) via East Perth to St. Charles – Guildford (17k)
Day 2:  Guildford via Walyunga national park – Walyunga lower car park (24k)
Day 3:  Walyunga Lower Car Park via Chittering Valley Rd – Muchea (27k)
Day 4:  Muchea via Chittering Valley Rd – Bindoon (27k)
Day 5:  Bindoon – Hay Flat Rd (27k)
Day 6:  Hay Flat Rd – New Norcia (27k)

Accommodation:

Guildford    /    Chittering Valley   /    Bindoon    /     New Norcia

Stamp & Passport

Available at St. Joseph’s 3 Salvado Rd.  Subiaco

Pilgrim Meals

Camino Meals Each Evening and Reflection
Cost is approximately $500

Bookings

Thirty places will be coordinated by the Committee. Numbers over this will have to source their own accomodation.

Next Meeting

Sunday 23rd August at 1:30pm at UPPER ROOM

More Information?

Detailed information on this event can be found by clicking here.

Discuss: “Camino Salvado 2009: A pilgrim walk open to all”

1. June 22, 2009 at 4:51 pm #

Hi

I am interested in finding out more about the pilgrim’s walk to Subiaco.

Can you let me know the costs and whether there is still places available. I would prefer to stay in the accomodation that all the 30 people will be staying at.

Regards
    Ida

Posted by Ida Pereira
  2. July 2, 2009 at 10:44 am #

To whom it may concern

I would love to join the walk fron Bindoon to New Norcia. Is this possible? Could you please send me some information.

Posted by Loreto Housley
  3. July 10, 2009 at 11:51 am #

I have recently returned from walking the Camino Santiago de Compostela and I am very interested in this pilgrim’s walk.
    I would be thankful for inforation on joining this initial walk

Regards
    Heather

Posted by Heather Patrick
  4. July 10, 2009 at 11:24 pm #

I am a pilgrim of the way of St James and I simply wish to express my enormous delight at reading of the preparations for the Camino of Dom Salvado. All pilgrimages are fragments of the same journey, so I wish you all a great Camino and hope that many others follow you.

Posted by Andrew Wilson
  5. July 13, 2009 at 8:53 am #

I would like to walk on the Dom Salvado Camino inaugral walk. Are there any places left and how much does it cost?
    Jan Henderson

Posted by Jan Henderson
  6. August 11, 2009 at 3:35 pm #

As an avid walker, I would love to be a part of this 6 day walk to New Norcia, if there are any places left in the first 30.

Posted by Carmel Winter
  7. August 28, 2009 at 9:37 am #

Buen Camino to all walking to New Norcia. I am with you in spirit.

Posted by Heather Patrick
  8. November 23, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

Recently I completed my second pilgrimage along the Camino de Santiago – this second journey was a longer undertaking into which I bicycled 9000KM from Singapore to Cape Finisterre, via Santiago. Presenting my two metre long credential, pilgrims passport to be stamped, along the way raised some eyebrows in far flung places. During the course of my 9 months tour I hatched a similar idea that Australia should have its own route(S) dedicated towards the Way of St James, as it should be in the spirit of the historical pilgrim to ideally make his or her journey from ones own home / home country. Of course this presents a big problem when one is at a great distance from Santiago de Compostela and in the modern world where the individual has little time nor money to take up such a journey. Nonetheless small journeys can be made from ones home and along a route which can be dedicated for spiritual, meditative and or leisurely practices – but associated to the Way of St James.

Back from my recent pilgrimage I am most interested into making a similar journey in my own country which resinates with spirit of the camino. I can only hope that the Dom Salvado Camino and my dreams of an Australian network of dedicated camino(S) reaching towards Santiago de Compostela can be realised by many. A dedicated pathway already exits in Brazil, and en route I met a Sth African who is working on similar concepts for a walking / cycling route in his own country.

One such route could begin with the Dom Salvado Camino. I would hope that it can be made by many and its establishment on similar models to the existing municipal run and association of St James managed facilities for the pilgrim.

If you are interested into viewing photos and reading more on my recently completed pilgrimage please don’t hesitate to view my web site http://www.cape2cape.info by hitting the JOURNAL button on my home page.

Posted by Sean Deany